Image Hosted by 
ImageShack.us
A weblog of baseball news and analysis

 
Wednesday, October 27, 2004
Red Sox 4, Cardinals 1. Game 3 recap. (Yahoo!)

Bedraggled. "I said before this series began that no matter what happens, we'll never forget this week as long as the Cardinals live. And sure enough, I'll remember that baserunning snafu by Jeff Suppan 'til the day I die. It's the touchstone for the entire series -- equal parts fluky and inept." (The Hardball Times)

A Fond Farewell? "If that was the last start Pedro ever makes for the Boston Red Sox, it will have a special place in my memory forever. He escaped some sticky situations in the first three innings, and then he was the man I remembered for four glorious innings. Four innings in which he struck out five batters and did not allow anybody to reach base." (The Hardball Times)

Done Deal. "McFadden and Whitehead don’t have anything on the Red Sox: these dudes are going to win the World Serious. The Cardinals are down 3-0 and as we’ve just learned, it’s possible that they could come back, but yo, I wouldn’t put any money on 'em, would you? St. Louis loaded the bases with one out in the first inning against Pedro Martinez last night but did not score a run. They had runners on second and third with nobody out in the third and could not score, thanks to a memorably bad bit of base running by Jeff Suppan. After Suppan was doubled up I threw my hands in the air and said, 'Well, I might as well root for the Red Sox. At least they are playing decent baseball.'" (Bronx Banter)




Thanks for visiting.