Image Hosted by 
ImageShack.us
A weblog of baseball news and analysis

 
Monday, November 17, 2003
Bantering Throughout The Bronx With Alex Belth.
RWBB: What is it like to eat, breathe, and sleep Yankees, Yankees, Yankees?

Alex: For the most part, it's great. Sometimes it's enervating, but I really can't complain, right? I used to feel a lot of liberal guilt and angst because I rooted for U.S. Steel, but I've learned to come to grips with that. Every team has a cross to bear, and if that's the Yankees cross, so be it. That's the way they've always been. What does turn me off is the self-congratulatory schmaltz. All that **** they pump out on the YES network. It's so unnecessary. There are too many people who root for the Yanks that are simply frontrunner jerks. Some guys feel like the Yankees are entitled to win every year and that's obnoxious. I actually feel humbled and blessed to root for them.
(Rich's Weekend Baseball BEAT)



Thanks for visiting.